Your privacy matters greatly to us. We always put a lot of thought, effort, tools and procedures into protecting and safeguarding your privacy. This page informs you about our policies for collecting, using and disclosing personal information that we receive from users of the site.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
While using our application and website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information includes:
The platform is intended to be used by young people in Maldives. However we recommend the use of our application and website by individuals below the age 18 with the consent and permission from parents or caretakers. By collecting these information, we can ensure that the person using this website for guidance complies with our terms and regulations.
This data is collected solely for statistical purposes.
You should be aware that the law requires mental health professionals to disclose information and/or take action in the following cases :( a) reported or suspected abuse of a child or vulnerable adult ;( b) serious suicide potential ;( c) threatened harm to another person ;( d) judicially ordered treatment. By collecting these data, we can provide the safe means to report these incidents.
Other than the above, we may collect the personal data you tell us with your consent. This may include your name, address, age or date of birth, telephone number, place of work information, e- mail address or emergency contact, in some cases, with your consent (i.e., if you register as a member of Blue Hearts or a volunteer). The confidentiality of this information would be protected and will not be known by the first responder unless you tell him/her. This information could only be accessed by authorized personnel only.
We may collect your personal information if you:
● Directly deal with us through our support service.
● Directly book an appointment with a counselor.
● Interact with us online, including through our application, website and social media channels (such as Facebook, these social media channels also handle your personal information and have their own privacy policies); Apply for a position with us (as a volunteer).
● Receive or participate in our programs, campaigns or other initiatives;
Please note that we only collect these personal information to provide you with the best possible service.
We knowingly do not collect information from anyone younger than 18 years of age without parental consent. Please let us know if you know that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18.
In cases where underage users seek help, we would refer them to child protective services with their consent.
● We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information we collect, including the protection of information against misuse and loss and against unauthorized access, alteration or disclosure; For example, your personal information is kept in a secure environment, which can only be accessed as a security act by authorized staff. The personal information you may have provided to us will not be shared with unauthorized staff, even with first responders.
● The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no Internet or electronic storage method is 100% secure. Although we endeavor to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot assure its absolute safety.
● We also take reasonable steps to destroy or de- identify your personal information when we do not need it any longer.
● In order to remain anonymous, first responders and clients will not meet face-to-face
● We will keep your information and stories private and protected. Unless it is absolutely relevant to a particular chat, we will not give out any information about ourselves either.
● All information shared during sessions conducted during video counselling sessions will strictly confidential, and between you and your counsellor.
● The only exception to this is if we have to call for emergency help for you, or if we believe that you or anyone around you is in danger, or if you request assistance which requires us to disclose your information in order to ensure that you get the assistance required.
● We will retain personal information in accordance with our document retention policies. When personal information is no longer required and there is no other reason for us to hold the information, we will either destroy or de-identify it.
Email [email protected]