PURPOSE OF THIS APPLICATION AND WEBSITE
The purpose of our application and website is to provide urgent mental health support to Maldivian youth through trained volunteers, raise awareness and connect you with a practicing mental health professional in the Maldives, as well as our video counselling service.
This application and website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. You should seek the advice of an appropriately qualified medical professional before making decisions about your own circumstances. You should not disregard professional medical advice, or delay seeking it, because of any information contained on our application and website
Emergency contacts and mental health service providers available in the Maldives are also listed in the application. Please do not hesitate to contact one of the provided contacts for help in immediate or emergent emergency situations. The first responders of this platform cannot provide clinical diagnoses or give counselling or therapy and are not a substitute for medical assistance/professional help. Please do not disregard or delay gaining assistance from qualified professionals or your doctor due to information received through this platform.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By agreeing to the terms and conditions provided on this application and website:
● You agree to release us and agree to hold us harmless from any and all causes of action and claims of any nature resulting from the first responder services or the platform, including (without limitation) any act, omission, opinion, response, advice, suggestion, information and/or service of any first responder and/or any other content or information accessible through the platform.
● You understand and agree that talking to a first responder via the platform cannot and does not replace a meeting with a professional and the users are encouraged to verify the information provided by the first responder. Any reliance on such information is done at the user full and sole risk and liability.
● You understand and agree that Blue Hearts or any persons associated with the Blue Hearts platform will not be liable for any damages, harm or injury arising from or related to the platform, the first responder or the first responder services.
● You understand and agree that Blue Hearts or any persons associated with the Blue Hearts platform shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
The use of the application is at your own risk.
● Access to the service and the information contained therein is provided “as is” and “as available”. To the fullest extent of the law, Blue Hearts disclaims all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
● Blue Hearts cannot and does not assume any responsibility for any loss, damages or liabilities arising from the failure of any telecommunications infrastructure, or the internet, or for your misuse of any protected health information, advice, ideas, information, instructions or guidelines accessed through the service. You understand and agree that we cannot guarantee that access to the application will be uninterrupted or that it will be accessible, consistent, timely or error-free at all times
● You are solely and completely responsible for any damage to the service or any computer system, any loss of data, or any improper use or disclosure of information on the service caused by you or any person using your username or password.
● Confidentiality would be maintained – as demographic info and other personally identifiable information provided when creating your account would not be known to the first responders – only admin person would have access)
USE OF OUR APPLICATION AND WEBSITE
As per the conditions of use for our application and website, you are not permitted to use the services provided for any purpose that is prohibited, including:
● Use this application and website to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise mistreat any individual;
● Publish, distribute, email, transmit, or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, derogatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate;
● Use any automated scripting tool or software;
● Participate in or promote any third party surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited emailing or spamming via this application;
● Impersonate any other person or entity;
● Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available, using this application any material that you do not have a right to make available or which contains malware and other computer codes, files or programs designed to interfere, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware or to utilize other computer systems for improper purposes or without authorization;
● Breach any laws or regulations which are applicable to your use of this application in your jurisdiction.
This application may contain links to liked websites. These links are provided for convenience and to give credit for the information collected from those websites. We have no control over or rights, in any linked websites that is not our own.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party social media or other service providers that you can access through this website.
Unless otherwise indicated, all material on our application and website, including (but not limited to) text, graphics, audio and video files is Blue Hearts property or is used under license. All rights are reserved.
All of the information we collect is aggregated and cannot be used to identify you individually. This information is used to measure visitor numbers to assess how the application was used in order to maintain its effectiveness.
If you register as a member of this application, it will enable you to talk to our first responders and make appointments for our counselling service, as well as utilize other functions and features included in the application